Tommie Collins

Tommie Collins
True (c)

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

TC's True (c) Hollywood Stories Vol.2- Prince

I remember the time I met Prince. yes, Prince, the Artist. The same man who gave the world hits such as "Purple Rain," "Diamonds & Pearls," and "Little Red Corvette." I was working at a popular DC Nightclub at the time, and I was a host on the 1st floor. One of the managers asked me to be a waiter/server for the top floor for the evening because all of their wait staff had called out, and I was the only other person who knew the system at the time. I agreed to do it, not knowing who I would be waiting on. As I approached the penthouse, I saw two tall, beautiful women sitting beside what looked to be a small pretty lady with a fabulous hairstyle. That was no lady, it was PRINCE! Jamie Foxx said on one of his stand up DVD's that you are NOT to look directly into Prince's eyes when you meet him. Unfortunately I did. I didn't want to seem like I was overly excited to meet him, so I calmly walked on over to his table, introduced myself, and asked was there anything I could get them. Instead of answering me, he just stared at me like this: Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At that moment I didn't know what to do. I froze. it was just awkward silence for about 2 minutes while I searched my soul and my manhood. I eventually snapped out of it, and offered to get them something to drink while they looked at the menu. The two females asked for Cosmopolitans. I looked at Prince, and said, "You don't drink alcohol, do you?" Once again, he didn't answer me, just looked at me like Image and video hosting by TinyPic After gritting on me, he responded, "Who told you that?" in the deepest voice I had ever heard in my life. He ordered a bottle of Grand Marnier, I brought it to his table, and I left them for about 5 minutes. I didn't understand what had just happened, my heart was beating really fast and I felt dizzy. I immediately recited MC's Ren's verse from NWA's "Always Into Somethin" and then dropped down to do several pushups. I returned to the room to take their order, and walked in the middle of a sho nuff PAR-TAY. Prince had one of the lady's arms in thet air, and the other lady's thigh around his throat. When they saw me at the door, they paused, but Prince did not: he broke into a series of splits Image and video hosting by TinyPic and then stood perfectly still. The ladies put on their coats, then put his coat on him, and they headed for the door. "We're outta here, have a good night," said the deep voiced superstar. As he walked out he gave me a look that confused my life for almost 48 hours Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I looked at the table and saw that he had left money for the drinks & the bottle, and left me a $200 tip. I tried to act normal after that, but it was hard. When I got home that night I layed down in the bed with all of my clothes on and recited "When Doves Cry" lyrics over and over until I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!